Pothole Damage and Your Vehicle
Potholes in Winnipeg can easily become your car’s worst enemy. These holes or pits on a roadway’s surface can seriously harm a car’s ride control system. Here at Dhillon Automotive Group, we advise that you have your automobile’s shocks or struts examined to make sure they aren’t damaged if you do drive over a dreaded pothole. Shocks and struts control how vehicles ride and handle. According to the Dhillon Automotive Group, the shock absorbers, or struts as they are known on late-model vehicles, act as a cushion to dampen the bouncing action of a car’s springs. The springs absorb the road bumps; without them, the vehicle would continually bounce and bound along the road, making driving very tricky.
Damages to Shocks and Struts
Shocks and struts likewise control spring and suspension motion to keep the tires in contact with the road. This affects steering, stability, and braking. A damaged shock or strut might alter the steering and handling of a car and produce driving hazards. The following is a list of 10 signs that your vehicle’s struts or shocks may need to be replaced:
1. The vehicle rolls or sways on turns.
2. When braking, the vehicle’s front-end dives or ‘dips’.
3. The car’s rear end squats when speeding up.
4. Vehicle steering pushing or pulling.
5. The automobile “bottoms out” or thumps on bumps.
6. The vehicle shakes or vibrates in any way.
7. The automobile sits lower in the front or rear.
8. There’s a loss of directional control during sudden stops of the car.
9. The car is leaking or has signs of physical damage, such as rusting or damages.
10. The automobile bounces or moves sideways on a winding, rough roadway.
Preventive Upkeep and Maintenance
Lots of parts impact a car’s handling. Having your automobile examined, if you experience any of the above signs, readies preventive upkeep and can help its parts wear less and last longer.
“Do not hesitate to have your vehicle inspected for any damage after running over a pothole” stated Rocky Dhillon, Vice President of the Dhillon Automotive Group. “You really should have it looked at as soon as possible to prevent any further damage to your vehicle.” The Dhillon Automotive Group is the source of data for the “Dhillon Auto Tips” campaign, educating vehicle owners about the benefits of regular automobile servicing, maintenance, and repair.
To Book Your ABSOLUTELY FREE Strut & Shock’s Inspection Call (204) 255-5000 Ext. #2